We Are Here for You
During these times please remember children can still become seriously unwell from other causes that are always around. Please do not let concerns over COVID19 stop you from contacting medical services.
If you are not sure if your child needs to be seen please go to https://www.what0-18.nhs.uk/national for advice or contact 111 or your GP. For information about crying babies go to https://what0-18.nhs.uk/parentscarers/worried-your-baby-unwell-under-3-months/my-baby-crying-excessively . If your child is severely unwell call 999 or go to Emergency Department
Patient Newsletter May 2020 click Here for Covering Letter & Newsletter Here
Hard copies are available from the practice
Patient Top Tips for contacting your GP practice and obtaining the right care at the right time
How can you help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from either your pharmacist or from NHS online;
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you call 111 for this or visit our website to access E-consult via www.fleetmedicalcentre.co.uk
- If you think you may have Covid-19 DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19;
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call the practice on 01252 619000 and we will discuss your needs;
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your NHS online app or speaking to your pharmacist or GP surgery directly.
- Please check our website for updates www.fleetmedicalcentre.co.uk
Welcome to Fleet Medical Centre
We are a large practice with eight doctors and a team of highly skilled nurses and allied health professionals. We share the centre with an independent dental service and pharmacy. We pride ourselves in offering a traditional approach to general practice and run personal lists to ensure the best possible continuity of care. Fleet Community Hospital is adjacent and provides X-ray, physiotherapy, outpatient and inpatient facilities. We aim to meet the needs of chronic and acute medical conditions with emphasis on continuity of care with a named GP where possible. We are also a training Practice with up to three qualified doctors in education posts at any one time.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The lastest technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription, book or cancel an appointment online and view some of your medical record. Many queries can be answered without direct healthcare professional contact and we encourage you to use links to the NHS Choices website for extensive information and symptom checker advice. You will also find links throughout the site to more local sources of support and information.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Access & Parking
The building is easily accessed by disabled persons and wheelchair users. We also have a portable hearing loop on the front desk.
We have recently installed new signage throughout the practice in order to improve the environment and make access more clear.
We have a limited number of parking spaces. Please ensure that you do not obstruct any other vehicles and do not use the “staff only” parking area, this needs to be kept clear as this is in constant use throughout the day by the Community Nursing team and Home Visit Team who attend house bound and vulnerable patients in and around the Fleet area.
(Site updated 05/06/2020)